Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens.......

Anyone who has a chronic dysfunctional vestibular system has undoubtedly had the opportunity to experience vertigo. With each attack  I have discovered a few necessities that make the whole ordeal a little more manageable. So here are a few of "My Favorite Vertigo Things"......feel free to hum the song in your head.

1) My 99cent IKEA trash pails strategically placed throughout the house. (At that
    price why not get a dozen!)
2) A big glass of cold water with a bendy straw.(Raising my head is out of the
    question!)
3) The air conditioner and all available fans turned on high. (Sub-arctic temps
     rock!)
4) Walls and door jams to bounce off of on my way to bed . (Just wish they were
    cushioned!)
5) Good fluffy pillows to hold my head still. (I have been considering duct taping
    them around my head!)
6) Mentos and ginger ale. (The meal of champions for 2-3 days after a
    vertigo attack!)

Yeah it doesn't take much to make me happy when my world is spinning out of control. Thankfully I haven't had a bad one in awhile. (I touch wood and say a little prayer as I say this...)

The sun is shining so all is good.....time to go for a walk!

No comments: