Sunday, February 6, 2011

Hoping and Coping

A few new insights this weekend. After chatting with a fellow "dysfunctional vestibular-ite" I realized just how much Meniere's has changed me for the good. I am more outgoing for one and no longer afraid to tell people how I really feel (physically, emotionally and mentally). This is huge because I used to always let people think that all was well with me all the time. It was exhausting to say the least! Now I take inventory of my energy levels and make better choices as to how I am going to use those precious little bursts of momentum. The win-win here is that I get more things accomplished and feel good about my achievements without having the life sucked out by trying to the things I have no control over. I know life is not all butterflies and rainbows and that it will throw me the occasional curve ball, but at least  I am getting better and better at knowing when to duck!

 Another revelation is just how funny my life has become with Meniere's. I am constantly amused with how this condition affects not only your balance but your whole thought process. Now I have an excuse for being forgetful and putting things where  they don't belong. I have on occasion caught myself making a cup of tea and then going to sit down on the couch to read a book only to discover the cup of tea has not made the journey with me. Apparently sub-consciously I wanted iced tea because there it is sitting on the top shelf in my fridge! Just focusing on walking can be a challenge especially when you are chatting with a friend at the same time. I have taken out more garbage cans and small dogs than you can imagine. Grocery stores can be like a human bumper car ride especially if my Meniere's is on high alert. Mind you bumping into people is a lot softer than those cement pillars!

Well that's all for now.......working on the computer is a challenge so time to get off and give the eyes a rest.

Happy Sunday everyone!

Remember to laugh!

1 comment:

Dizzydooty said...

All we can do is laugh. I succeed most days, but sometimes it's a little more difficult.