Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My New Normal

It's been a little over two weeks that I have been feeling amazingly well! Now that does not mean that I have been symptom free, it simply means that I have been able to cope better with my symptoms when they are minimal. This is my new normal. I have on rare occasion experienced a symptom free hour or even part of a day, but no more than that. If I can make it through the day and not let my Meniere's symptoms run my life then it has been a good day.

I have found that the best way to control my Meniere's is by maintaining a routine. I wake up, take care of the fur beasts, have breakfast, shower, get dressed, take the dog for a walk, come back and read and have a cup of tea, do some errands, have lunch, do some housework, do something relaxing, make dinner, watch a little television, get ready for bed.....then off to bed where I will do a little reading. I have found by following a routine I am better able to manage my Meniere's. Meniere's has done nothing but create chaos in my life and I hate chaos. So by taking the bull by the horns I am controlling that chaos! Now I still have symptoms that knock me off my feet, but I am now taking them more in stride. I don't feel as anxious or frustrated when I am having an off day. I just go with the flow.

I can not stress enough how having a routine has improved my life with Meniere's. Our bodies hate chaos! Routine helps to combat chaos. When our bodies know what to expect it will usually follow the path of least resistance.

Cheers all!

1 comment:

Dizzydooty said...

I find routine is imperative for me as well, but I also need to be able to adapt to new things quickly, or I'll suffer.