Friday, May 27, 2011

For Better Or For Worse, In Sickness And In Health

My first couple of months living with Meniere's were seriously a living hell. I had days where I could see nothing but darkness. I thought I was doomed to a life of constant misery. It was during those dark days that I started to realize just how fortunate I was to be blessed with a caring and compassionate husband.

My husband has been my rock throughout this journey. I never realized one could love another human being so deeply. He has stepped up to the plate so many times to help me through each vertigo attack. Doing all those unpleasant tasks that go along with an episode of vertigo (which I know I need not explain in detail). He has held me to comfort me when the room was spinning so fast that I felt like I was losing control. His words of encouragement to help me get back on my feet and start living my life again are to this day never-ending..What did I do to deserve this human being? Where would I be without him? When he said to me, "For better or for worse, in sickness and in health." he truly meant it. I never realized at the time just how much those words would mean to me now. I have fallen in love with my husband all over again and can't imagine sharing my life with anyone else.

I have much to be grateful for and this I now know to be true.

2 comments:

LSA said...

I sympathize with your ailment. I am happy you found someone that will support and love you no matter what. I am still searching for that person. You are truly blessed.
Keep your head up as best you can. I have been living with chronic dizziness for 36 years. Had many diagnosis and still I am struggling.
All we can do is live day to day. God bless

Just Simply Dizzy said...

LSA...thank you for your kind words of encouragement. I wish the same for you.