Friday, June 3, 2011

The Power of Friendship

I can't even begin to imagine this journey without my dizzy friends. Yes, I have my husband and yes, he has been my rock and has stuck by me through thick and thin. However, having dizzy friends that are also living with an inner ear disorder too, are an integral part of being able to lead a productive and meaningful life. Just being able to share my feelings with friends who totally get my experience is worth more than all the money in the world. Having friends I can call anytime of the day to help me get through a rough patch is invaluable. Being able to just laugh about the absurdity of living with a dysfunctional vestibular system makes life more bearable. Having an actual authentic connection to another human being that shares my perspective with all of this chaos seems to help it all make sense. There is no way I could ever attach a price tag to friendships like these ~ they are priceless!

The support of my family and friends is important, but being able to have dizzy friends walking beside me on this journey makes the road a lot less lonely.

Here are two of my favorite business sites that are owned by a couple of my dizzy friends.Support works both ways. They are here for me and I am there for them.

Check them out :-)

http://www.etsy.com/shop/StellarDesignz

Browse the shop for simply elegant, contemporary designs for all occasions. Enjoy boutique-quality, signature pieces at affordable prices. Each jewelry creation is beautifully and personally crafted by hand using high quality materials. Pieces are uniquely one-of-a-kind or limited edition. Each order comes in a small box perfect for gift-giving. 



 http://www.barfboutique.com/

Our tin tie barf bags are waterproof, reusable, and sealable just like the ones found in airplanes but much, much prettier. We offer 115 original & iconic designs with a dash of humor and panache. These nifty, multipurpose bags make great gag gifts, party bags, goody bags, doggy bags, mini diaper bags, overnight toiletry bags, mini trash bags, and anything else you can dream up. The possibilities are endless!


Hope you all have a great dizzy-free weekend! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying reading your blog entries. I am now one of the chosen MD explorers. Thanks for taking the time to inform me and others via your experiences. Greg

Just Simply Dizzy said...

Your welcome Greg. Thank you for your kind words. Hope you have a great week!