Friday, June 17, 2011

Let Me Off This Rollercoaster!

I'm not sure what was going on week before last.  I had been feeling pretty good for the most part. Then for five days I had one of my worst experiences with tinnitus. It knocked me off my feet. I found myself on such an emotional roller-coaster. I started falling into a deep hole and the more I tried to climb out the deeper I fell. I haven't had such a feeling of despair for a long time. I was enjoying getting my life back on track and loved the feeling of being able to come and go as I pleased once again. As the stretch of tinnitus went into day three and four I found my freedom starting to fade. All I could do was cry, it was as if I was mourning the loss of a good friend. That friend being my freedom. It was a reminder to me that this f**ked up inner ear experience still runs the show. As much as I try to keep it under control it still has the power to take over and cause me much unwanted chaos.

As of today I am feeling better and with each passing day I am getting stronger and getting back on track. I am happy to report that  I am regaining my freedom once again. With the help of my husband and my dizzy friends my attitude has shifted back to a more positive mode. I'm out of the funk that consumed my life during those five days. I can honestly say that I was terrified that I was starting to slide backwards. I am so relieved that this was not the case.

Life goes on and so do I.

Hope you all have a dizzy free weekend.

No comments: