Monday, April 4, 2011

What Did You Say?

I'm not sure what is gong on with my hearing! When I am in a group or speaking with an individual I am finding myself misunderstanding what is being said. Just last week at my monthly book group meeting, one of my friends was telling us about how she has banned her husband from going to the local barbershop (which basically does only two styles of men's haircuts - neither of which are flattering to the male head) so he is to go to a specific hairdresser who works at "Hair Bastards". Thank you sweet baby Jesus - I was not the only one in the group that heard this! We all looked puzzled and asked her when this new shop had opened and where in town it was located.  That's when she reiterated  "Hair Masters". Doh!!!

Then another person in my book group started telling us about this "eunuch" man that was giving a talk at the local high school.  Once again a few of us looked puzzled - not ever having the chance to meet a man who is a part of the "eunuch" community - we asked where was this eunuch from? It was at that point we realized that she had said "unique" but with her accent it sounded like "eunuch". Doh!!!

It's a bit of a relief that my friends experienced this with me because I was really beginning to think I was losing my mind. Maybe this has more to do with AAADD (Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder) than having Meniere's. Focus people focus!!!

No comments: