Friday, July 1, 2011

The Value of Solitude

The whole value of solitude depends upon one's self; it may be a sanctuary or a prison, a haven of repose or a place of punishment, a heaven or a hell, as we ourselves make it


A couple of months ago, I started to look at what I could do to improve upon in my environment, to help make me feel better. Immediately I realized that I am a chronic clutter bug. Why was I keeping all this stuff called "so called memories"  around. I was to the point where I no longer owned my stuff, it owned me. As I slowly started to purge my environment of unneeded and unwanted memorabilia,  I started to feel a weight being lifted off my shoulders. The more I got rid of, the easier it became to part with even more. My need to create a space where I felt at peace was getting stronger. Creating a space where I could have some order in my life was slowly starting to take shape. What a difference it has made for me. Having just one room that I can go to in my home has given me such a sense of calmness. It has been the best medicine. It has also inspired me to start working on the rest of the house.

No comments: